Unique Meghnaghat power station
|Part of the Global Gas Plant Tracker, a Global Energy Monitor and Center for Media and Democracy project.|
Unique Meghnaghat power station is a proposed 600-megawatt (MW) gas-fired power plant in Dhaka Division, Bangladesh.
The map below shows the approximate location of the proposed power station in Meghnaghat - Narayanganj District, Dhaka Division, Bangladesh.
Unique Group selected GE Power in October 2018 to develop the power plant, which will include "one 9HA.01 gas turbine, one heat recovery steam generator (HRSG), one steam turbine generator, condenser and associated systems."
The LNG-based combined cycle power plant is expected to generate enough power for 700,000 homes in the area.
- Sponsor: Unique Meghnaghat Power Limited
- Parent company: Unique Meghnaghat Power Limited
- Location: Sonargaon, Narayanganj District, Dhaka Division, Bangladesh
- Coordinates: 23.6163, 90.6133 (approximate)
- Gross capacity (proposed): 600 MW
- Combined-cycle unit: 600 MW (to start 2022)
Articles and Resources
- GE Power Wins Order to Develop HA Powered Plant in Bangladesh, GE Power website, Oct 1, 2018
- GE Power to develop Meghnaghat power plant, Dhaka Tribune, Oct 2, 2018
- Unique power to build 584MW power plant in Meghnaghat, Bangladesh Post, 24 Jul 2019