United Supply of America Coal Plant
United Supply of America is a proposed coal plant, to be built in Carmi, Illinois.
In 2005, United Supply of America proposed constructing a mine-mouth, circulating fluidized bed coal plant near Carmi in White County, Illinois. The projected operational date has not yet been determined.
As of October, 2008, this project appears to have been abandoned, with no media reports since 2005.
Sponsor: United Supply of America
Location: Carmi, Illinois
Size: 270 MW
Type: Circulating fluidized bed
Projected in service: TBD
- “Tracking New Coal-Fired Power Plants,” National Energy Tech Lab, May 1, 2007, page 12. (Pdf)
- “A New Generation of Miners Plans for New Coal Power Plants Are Increasing Demand for Indiana's Mining Industry”, Red Orbit, October 6, 2005.
Related GEM.wiki articles
- Carbon Capture and Storage
- Existing U.S. Coal Plants
- US proposed coal plants (both active and cancelled)
- Coal plants cancelled in 2007
- Coal plants cancelled in 2008
- Illinois and coal
- State-by-state guide to information on coal in the United States (or click on the map)