Universitat Freiburg power station
|Part of the Global Gas Plant Tracker, a Global Energy Monitor and Center for Media and Democracy project.|
Universitat Freiburg power station is a 27-megawatt (MW) gas-fired power plant in the state of Baden-Württemberg, Germany.
The map below shows the approximate location of the power station in Freiburg, the state of Baden-Württemberg, Germany.
The power station previously had a 36 MW coal-fired generation unit, which was retired in 2012. The current gas-fired generating unit started operation in 2001.
- Sponsor: Universitätsklinikum Freiburg AdöR
- Parent company:
- Location: Freiburg, the state of Baden-Württemberg, Germany
- Coordinates: 48.0056, 7.8335 (approx.)
- Gross generating capacity (operating): 27 MW
- Gross generating capacity (retired): 36 MW
- Unit Universitat Freiburg: Coal-fired subcritical, 36 MW (start-up in 1927, retired 2012)
- Coal type: unknown
Articles and Resources