Urma Paharitola coal mine
|This article is part of the Global Coal Mine Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
Urma Paharitola coal mine is a proposed mine, with a designed capacity of 10 million ton-per-annum, owned by Aurobindo Reality and Infrastructure, in Pachwara Basin coalfield, Dumka & Pakur, Jharkhand, India.
The map below shows the exact location of the Urma Paharitola coal block, in Jhintipal Junglee, Chhendipada, Angul, Odisha, India.
Background on Mine
The Indian government auctioned the Urma Paharitola coal block in November 2020. The winning bid was Aurobindo Reality and Infrastructure.
- Parent company: Aurobindo Reality and Infrastructure
- Location: Pachwara Basin coalfield, Dumka & Pakur, Jharkhand, India
- Coordinates: 24.499941, 87.500032
- Status: Proposed
- Capacity: 10 million tonnes per annum
- Mineable Reserves:
- Mine Depth:
- Mine Size: 10 km2
- In service: TBD
- Coal type: Subbituminous
- Mining method: Surface, Opencast
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- MSTC E-Commerce, Urma Paharitola Block Summary, accessed November 2020