Urumqi Petrochemical power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Urumqi Petrochemical power station (中石油乌鲁木齐石化发电厂) is a 100-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power station in Midong (Dongshan), Ürümqi, Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region, China.
The map below shows the location of the power station in Midong (Dongshan), Ürümqi, Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region, China.
The Urumqi Petrochemical power station was commissioned in 1997 and originally constructed and operated by Century Huayang. In 2011, it seems the plant was handed over to the China National Petroleum Corporation (CNPC). This facility is a cogeneration plant, with three furnaces and three engines, with a steam output of 900 tons per hour, and a power generation capacity of 100,000 kilowatt-hours. It provides heating and electricity to Urumqi's petrochemical refinery, which is operated by PetroChina Co's Urumqi Petrochemical branch. In 2017, PetroChina's Urumqi Petrochemical branch installed desulfurization facilities for nearly all of their facilities.
On November 30, 2017, a mechanical injury caused by human error occurred in the refinery of the CNPC's Urumqi Petrochemical branch, which caused 5 deaths, 2 serious injuries, 14 minor injuries, and a direct economic loss of 6,445,200 RMB.
- Sponsor: PetroChina Co Ltd
- Parent company: China National Petroleum Corporation
- Location: Midong (Dongshan), Ürümqi, Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region, China
- Coordinates: 43.9703, 87.7219 (exact)
- Coal type: Bituminous
- Coal source: Unknown, likely domestic from Xinjiang
- Gross generating capacity (operating): 100 MW
- Unit 3: Coal-fired subcritical, 100 MW (start-up in 1997)
Articles and Resources
- "中国石油乌鲁木齐石化公司炼油厂建南凝结水系统改造项目_技术展示_典型业绩_世纪华扬环境工程有限公司". CRRCGC. Retrieved 2021-06-09.
- "乌鲁木齐石化". CNPC. Retrieved 2021-06-09.
- "乌鲁木齐石化9区物业电话_所问能源网". www.qdyuanding.com (in 中文). June 4, 2021. Retrieved 2021-06-09.
- "历史上十一月发生的危险化学品事故". 知乎专栏 (in 中文). December 29, 2020. Retrieved 2021-06-09.