Usinsky-3 coal mine
|This article is part of the Global Energy Monitor coverage of Russia and coal|
Usinsky-3 coal mine lies in the Usinsk coal deposit located in the north of the Komi Republic, Russia.
The Usinsk-3 site lies approximately 3km from the Kyk-Shor railway station, 50km south West of the village of Vorkuta, in the North East of the Komi region of Russia.
Coal Mine Background
In January 2011 NLMK won the right to develop the third mining area in the Usinsk coal deposit.
- Parent Company: NLMK
- Location: 50km south West of the village of Vorkuta, in the North East of the Komi region of Russia.
- GPS Coordinates: 3km from 67.136061, 63.391937
- Status: Shelved (no update since March 2017)
- Production Capacity: Designed capacity 4.5 Mt/year
- Total Resource: 227 million tonnes
- Mineable Reserves:
- Coal type: Coking coal
- Mine Size:
- Mine Type:
- Start Year: 2018
- Source of Financing:
Articles and resources
- Julien Hall, "Russian NLMK wins right to mine high quality hard coking coal deposit"Platts, 24 January 2011.
- NLMK Group, "NLMK adds new deposit to its upstream development pipeline" NLMK Group website, 22 April 2011.
- NLMK, "It’s clear that we’re going to grow. This is a strategic imperative"NLMK website, 20 March 2017.
- NLMK, "Achieving self-sufficiency in raw materials"Page13, NLMK Magazine № 3 (2011).
- Metal supply and sale magazine, "NLMK wins bid to develop Usinsk coal deposit in Komi Republic"Metal supply and sale magazine, 24 January 2011.