Vaca Muerta (YPF) LNG Terminal
|This article is part of the Global Fossil Infrastructure Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
Vaca Muerta (YPF) Terminal is a proposed LNG export terminal whose likely location is Rio Negro province, Argentina.
An exact location for the terminal has not been determined, but it would be used to export gas from the Vaca Muerta region.
- Owner: YPF
- Location: Rio Negro province, Argentina
- Coordinates: -40.945577, -65.2391807 (approximate)
- Capacity: 5 mtpa
- Status: Proposed
- Type: Export
- Start Year: 2024
Note: mtpa = million tonnes per year; bcfd = billion cubic feet per day
In July 2019 YPF awarded a front-end engineering design (Pre-FEED) contract to McDermott International for the construction of a 5-mtpa LNG Terminal for exporting natural gas from Vaca Muerta. The viability of the terminal would depend on construction of the proposed Vaca Muerta pipeline system, which was scuttled by Argentina's new government in 2020. The exact location of the YPF terminal has not been specified.
Articles and resources
- LNG export and import projects - 4Q 2020, Bloomberg Finance, January 21, 2021
- YPF awards McDermott pre-FEED contract for Vaca Muerta LNG in Argentina, World Oil, Jul. 19, 2019
- Christopher Lenton, Argentina’s Vaca Muerta, LNG Ambitions Face Uncertainty as New Government Settles In, Natural Gas Intelligence, Feb. 28, 2020