Valchi Dol–Preselka Pipeline
|This article is part of the Global Fossil Infrastructure Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
The pipeline runs between Valchi Dol, Bulgaria, and Preselka, Bulgaria.
- Owner: Bulgartransgaz EAD
- Length: 23 km / 14.3 miles
- Diameter: 27.5 inches
- Status: Operating
- Start Year: 1975
In September 2018 Bulgartransgaz conducted front end engineering design (FEED) studies to rehabilitate and replace sections of the pipeline, and expects to complete this work by December 2021. According to the European Network of Transmission System Operators for Gas (ENTSOG) Ten Year Network Development Plan (TYNDP), the Valchi Dol–Preselka Pipeline is a part of the "modernization and rehabilitation of the Bulgarian GTS" (known as "TRA-F-298"). ENTSOG states that the modernization and rehabilitation project is expected to be commissioned in 2024.
Articles and resources
- ENTSOG TYNDP 2020 - Annex A - Projects Tables, ENTSOG, accessed January 2020.
- "The EC has Allocated EUR 27 Million to Modernize Bulgaria's Gas Network", novinite.com, Jan. 24, 2019.
- Monitoring Data on CESAC Gas Projects, European Commission, April 2018
- European Network of Transmission System Operators for Gas (November 25, 2020). "TYNDP 2020 Annex A.2 – Project Tables". ENTSOG. Retrieved December 2, 2020.