Verde Atlântico Energias power station
|Part of the Global Gas Plant Tracker, a Global Energy Monitor project.|
|Report an error|
Verde Atlântico Energias power station (Usina Termelétrica Verde Atlântico Energias) is a cancelled 1768-megawatt (MW) gas-fired power station in the state of São Paulo, Brazil.
The map below shows the approximate location of the power station in Peruíbe, the state of São Paulo, Brazil.
- Sponsor: Gastrading Comercializadora de Energias S.A.
- Parent company: Grupo Leros
- Location: Peruíbe, São Paulo, Brazil
- Coordinates: -24.2856, -47.0000 (approximate)
- Gross generating capacity (cancelled): 1768 MW
The project was originally proposed in 2015 but did not move forward due to controversy and opposition. Gastrading completed the RIMA (Relatório de Impacto Ambiental) for the project despite these concerns. The facility was planned to work with a 345 kV transmission line to connect to the Baixada Santista/CTEEP Substation and the larger SIN. The installation of a gas pipeline from the facility was also discussed by Gastrading.
The project was rejected by São Paulo's state environmental authority in December 2017 and encountered active opposition from the municipal council of Peruíbe, which amended local ordinances to prevent the plant's construction. As of November 2021 there has been no further news about the project, and it is presumed to be cancelled.
Articles and Resources
- "Sistema de Informações Georreferenciadas do Setor Elétrico (SIGEL)". Agência Nacional de Energia Elétrica (ANEEL, Brazilian Electricity Regulatory Agency). Archived from the original on April 9, 2020. Retrieved May 7, 2021.
- "Léros Gastrading". Grupo Léros. Archived from the original on May 3, 2021. Retrieved May 4, 2021.
- "Nota oficial da Gastrading". Repórter Brasil (in português). 2017-11-22. Retrieved 2021-09-13.
- "Gastrading vai entrar com ação na justiça contra a Câmara de Peruíbe | Jornal O Repórter". reporterregional.com.br (in português). Retrieved 2021-09-13.
- "RIMA - Projeto Verde Atlântico Energias" (PDF). Bulls Holdings.
- "Cetesb arquiva projeto de usina termoelétrica em Peruíbe". SOS Mata Atlântica. December 2, 2017.
- "Térmica da Gastrading pode ser inviabilizada com aprovação de lei em Peruíbe". CanalEnergia (in português). February 1, 2018.