|This article is part of the Global Fossil Infrastructure Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
The pipeline runs from Vijaipur, Madhya Pradesh through Auraiya, Uttar Pradesh to Phulpur, Allahabad.
- Operator: Gas Authority of India Limited (GAIL)
- Parent Company: Gas Authority of India Limited (GAIL)
- Proposed capacity: 3.2 billion cubic meters per year
- Length: 414.45 miles / 667 kilometers
- Status: Operational
- Start Year: 2022
The pipeline is owned and operated by Gas Authority of India Limited (GAIL). The pipeline will provide gas to the 2,655-km-long Jagdispur-Haldia-Bokaro-Dhamra pipeline (JHBDPL) project of GAIL, also known as the ‘Pradhan Mantri Urja Ganga’ project. GAIL's 2019-20 annual report stated that Phase 1 from Auraiya to Phulpur (315 km) and a 174 km section of Phase 2 from RT Dibiyapur (Auraiya) to IP2 (Jhansi) has been commissioned.
Articles and resources
- Natural Gas, GAIL (India) Limited, accessed April 2018
- Integrated Annual Report 2020-21. GAIL. 2020. p. 84.
- Key Investment Opportunities In India, India Invest, May 2016
- "PNGRB Databank". PNGRB. 31-03-2022. Check date values in:
- GAIL places ₹440-cr order for pipeline to Urja Ganga, The Hindu Business Line, Feb. 2, 2018