|This article is part of the Global Fossil Infrastructure Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
The Vijaipur-Auraiya-Phulpur Gas Pipeline is a proposed natural gas pipeline.
The pipeline will run from Vijaipur, Madhya Pradesh through Auraiya, Uttar Pradesh to Phulpur, Allahabad.
- Operator: Gas Authority of India Limited (GAIL)
- Parent Company: Gas Authority of India Limited (GAIL)
- Proposed capacity: 3.2 billion cubic meters per year
- Length: 416 miles / 670 kilometers
- Status: Construction
- Start Year: 2021
The pipeline is owned and operated by Gas Authority of India Limited (GAIL). The pipeline will provide gas to the 2,655-km-long Jagdispur-Haldia-Bokaro-Dhamra pipeline (JHBDPL) project of GAIL, also known as the ‘Pradhan Mantri Urja Ganga’ project. In August 2019 GAIL's 2018-2019 annual report stated that Phase 1 from Auraiya to Phulpur is complete and that Phase 2 from Vijaipur to Auraiya is expected to be completed by December 2020.
As of November 2020, the new anticipated date of commissioning was March 2021.
Articles and resources
- Natural Gas, GAIL (India) Limited, accessed April 2018
- Key Investment Opportunities In India, India Invest, May 2016
- Project Summary, India Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation, November 2020
- GAIL places ₹440-cr order for pipeline to Urja Ganga, The Hindu Business Line, Feb. 2, 2018
- Annual Report 2018-2019, GAIL, August 2019