Vijaynagar (KPCL) power station
Vijaynagar (KPCL) power station is a proposed 1,000-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power station in India.
The undated satellite photo below shows Vijaynagar, Bellary district, the approximate location where the plant would be built.
The power station was reported as permitted by the Karnataka Government in 2001, but as of 2014 is not on the Karnataka Power Corporation website nor the Ministry of Environment & Forests website for India, and appears abandoned.
- Sponsor: Karnataka Power Corporation
- Parent company:
- Location: Vijaynagar village, Bellary district, Karnataka
- Coordinates: 15.325, 76.465 (approximate)
- Status: Cancelled
- Gross Capacity:
- Unit 1: 500 MW
- Unit 2: 500 MW
- Type: Ultra-supercritical
- Projected in service:
- Coal Type:
- Coal Source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "KPCL-L&T Vijaynagar project -- Karnataka agrees to 30-year power purchase agreement," Business Line, July 9, 2011.