Visonta Bükkábrány mines
|This article is part of the Global Coal Mine Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
The Visonta and Bükkábrány mines are operated by Mátrai Erömü Zrt (MÁTRA), producing 7.8 million tonnes per annum, in Visonta, Heves, Hungary.
The mines provide coal to the Matra power station.
The photo below shows the exact location of the Visonta mine in Visonta, Hungary.
The Bükkábrány is 50 kilometres from the power plant.
The mines are operated by Mátrai Erömü Zrt (MÁTRA) producing lignite from the Bükkábrány mine, some 50 kilometres from the power plant, which is transported by rail, and the adjacent Visonta mine, which is transported by a conveyor belt.
On July 2020, the company unveiled plans to build a 500 MW gas-fired unit at its facility in Visonta (80 kilometers northeast of Budapest), as well as 440 MW solar parks at its mines.
- Owner: Mátrai Erömü Zrt (MÁTRA)
- Parent Company: RWE Power Aktiengesellschaft, Magyar Villamos Müvek Zrt., ENBW Trust
- Location: Visonta, Hungary
- GPS coordinates: 45.436597, 23.375229 (exact)
- Mine status: Operating
- Start year:
- Mineable reserves: 770 million tonnes
- Coal type: lignite
- Mine size:
- Mine type: underground
- Production: 7.8 million tonnes per annum
- Number of employees:
Articles and resources
- Mátrai Erömü Zrt (MÁTRA),Our Business, Company Website, accessed September 20, 2020
- Hungary: Electricity producer Matrai Eromu to build gas-fired unit and solar parks, Serbia Energy EU Energy News, accessed Septemeber 2020
- Euracoal, Hungary, accessed September 20 2020