Voerde power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of Germany and coal.|
Voerde power station is a 1,522-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany.
It is located next to the 712 MW Voerde West power station.
The map below shows the location of the plant in Voerde, Wesel.
Background on Plant
Voerde power station is a two-unit coal-fired power plant with a total capacity of 1,522 MW. The plant was completed between 1982 and 1985, and is owned by KSBG. It is located next to the 712 MW Voerde West power station.
- Sponsor: STEAG GmbH
- Parent company: KSBG
- Location: Voerde, Wesel, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany
- Coordinates: 51.579097, 6.68588 (exact)
- Status: Retired March 2017
- Gross capacity: 1,522 MW (Units 1&2: 761 MW)
- Type: Subcritical
- In service: 1982-1985
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- Weixin Zha and Rachel Morison, "More German Coal Plants Face Early Retirement as Profit Dwindles," Bloomberg Markets, September 30, 2016
- Kraftwerk der Steag in Voerde ist geschichte," WAZ, 1 April 20117
- "Coal-Fired Plants in Nordrhein-Westfalen," Industcards, accessed April 2016