Vostochny coal mine (Kazakhstan)
|This article is part of the Global Coal Mine Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
Vostochny coal mine is an open-pit surface mine, operated by Eurasian Energy Corporation JSC, a subsidiary of ERG Eurasian Group, producing 18 million tonnes per annum, near Karaganda, Kazakhstan.
The mine is not to be confused with the Vostochny coal mine in Russia ("Voctoc" translates to "East").
The below map shows the approximate location of the Vostochny mine, near the Aksu power station in Kazakhstan.
The mine supplies coal to the Aksu power station
- Sponsor: Eurasian Energy Corporation JSC
- Parent Company: ERG Eurasian Group
- Location: Karaganda, Kazakhstan
- GPS Coordinates:52.083831, 76.860478 (approximate)
- Status: Operating
- Production: 18 million tonnes per year
- Total Resource:
- Mineable Reserves:
- Coal Type: Bituminous
- Mine Size:
- Mine Type: surface, open pit
- Start Year: 1996
- Source of Financing: Development Bank of Kazakhstan JSC
- Number of employees: 6000
Articles and resources
- Eurasian Energy Corporation, Company Profile, accessed September 2020