Vostsibugol-Khakassia coal project
|This article is part of the Global Coal Mine Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
The Vostsibugol-Khakassia coal project is a proposed coal mine, to be operated by Vostsibugol-Khakassia LLC, owned by Vostsibugol (En + Group), and produce 4 million tonnes per annum, in the Republic of Khakassia, Russia.
The image below shows the location of the project site, near Arshanovo, in Altaysky District, Khakassia Republic, Russia.
A full range of exploration work has been completed at the proposed mine site, according to a document from the Ministry of Energy of the Russian Federation.
- Sponsor:Vostsibugol-Khakassia LLC
- Parent Company: Vostsibugol (En + Group)
- Location: Arshanovo, in Altaysky District, Khakassia Republic, Russia
- GPS Coordinates: 53.365304, 91.209011 (exact)
- Status: Proposed
- Production Capacity: 4 mtpa
- Total Resource:
- Mineable Reserves: 170 million tons
- Coal type: Grade D
- Mine Size:
- Mine Type: surface, open pit
- Start Year: 2019
- Source of Financing:
Articles and resources
- Участок Северо-Западный Кирбинский ООО «Востсибуголь-Хакасия», Wikimapia, accessed Mar. 2021.
- Ministry of Energy of the Russian Federation, "Strategy and Programme for Russia’s Coal Industry Development to 2035," January 2020.