Walvis Bay LNG Terminal
|This article is part of the Global Fossil Infrastructure Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
Walvis Bay LNG Terminal was a proposed LNG terminal in Walvis Bay, Namibia, but there have been no development updates since 2015 and the project is presumed to be cancelled.
- FSRU Owner: Excelerate Energy
- Location: Walvis Bay, Namibia
- Coordinates: -22.957199, 14.484443 (approximate)
- Capacity: 0.01 mtpa
- Status: Cancelled
- Type: Import and export
- Start Year: 2019
Note: mtpa = million tonnes per year; bcfd = billion cubic feet per day
The port of Walvis Bay planned to have the terminal completed by mid-2019. It would have included an LNG terminal with both inport and export capacity. There have been no development updates since 2015 and it is presumed to be cancelled.
Articles and resources
- "Walvis Bay aims to become hub for SADC import/export", Business Report, 24 March 2017.
- Xaris Walvis Bay Power Plant and Gas Supply Facility, Enviro Dynamics, April 2015