Wangjiazhai Coal Mine Pingdong
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
The undated satellite photo below shows the exact location of the mine.
Coal Mine Background
Wangjiazhai Coal Mine Pingdong started construction in 1958 and was completed and put into operation in July 1967, with a designed production capacity of 0.6 million tons per year. After approval in December 1991, the production capacity was expanded to 1.5 million tons per year. The approved production capacity in 2019 is 1.5 million tons per year.
At 2:38 on March 27, 2007, a coal and gas outburst accident occurred in Wangjiazhai Coal Mine Pingdong. The accident caused 10 deaths and 5 injuries.
- Operator: Guizhou Shuicheng Mining Co., Ltd. Wangjiazhai Coal Mine 
- Owner: Guizhou Water Mine Holding Group Co., Ltd.
- Location: Wangjiazhai Town, Zhongshan District, Liupanshui City, Guizhou Province
- GPS Coordinates: 26.705126, 104.798124
- Status: Operating
- Production Capacity: 1.5 million tonnes per annum 
- Total Resource: 45.3747 million tonnes
- Mineable Reserves: 12.6544 million tonnes
- Coal Type: Coking coal, Fat coal (Met)
- Mine Size: 19.888k㎡
- Mine Type: Underground
- Start Year:' 1967