Wangping power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
The Wangping power station (同煤国电王坪发电公司) is a 440-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power station in Shanxi province, China.
An additional 1,200 MW has been proposed.
The map below shows the location of the plant in the city of Shuozhou.
Background on Plant
The existing Wangping power station consists of two units of 220 MW each. The units went into operation in 2011. The plant is a pithead power station fueled by a nearby coal mine.
Two additional units at the power station of 600 MW each has been proposed, with permit approval planned for 2014.
2016: Nationwide Restrictions Imposed on Development of Coal-Fired Power Capacity
Due to new restrictions announced during 2016 by the National Energy Administration and the National Development and Reform Commission, further capacity expansions at this location appear to be on hold or cancelled. For details, see China's 2016 Restrictions on Development of Coal-Fired Power Capacity.
On August 28, 2017, China's State-owned Assets Supervision and Administration Commission of the State Council (SASAC) announced that China Guodian Corporation and Shenhua Group will be jointly restructured. Shenhua Group will become China National Energy Investment Group and will absorb China Guodian Corporation. It will be the largest power company in the world by installed capacity, as well as the world's largest coal producer. The merger was completed on November 28, 2017.
Project Details of phase II
- Sponsor: Zhangze Power, Guodian Power Development
- Parent company: Datong Coal Mining Group (60%), National Energy Investment Group (40%)
- Location: Xinjiayuan Town, Wangping Village, Shuozhou city, Huairen county, Shuozhou prefecture, Shanxi province, China
- Coordinates: 39.76396, 112.92427 (exact)
- Units 1-2: Operating (2011)
- Units 3-4: Cancelled
- Units 1-2: 440 MW (Units 1-2: 220 MW)
- Units 3-4: 1,200 MW (Units 3-4: 600 MW)
- Projected in service:
- Coal type: Waste coal
- Coal source: Domestic
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "同煤国电王坪坑口电厂并网发电," 朔州日报, 2011/9/8
- "怀仁围绕两大任务做足“三色”文章," 朔州市新闻中心, 2014/5/23
- "Factbox: Shenhua and Guodian - China's latest state marriage". Reuters. 29 August 2017. Retrieved 30 August 2017.
- "China Is Creating the World's Largest Power Company". Bloomberg News. 28 August 2017. Retrieved 29 August 2017.
- "China’s Newly-Established National Energy Investment Group Sets World Records in Its Sector, With Assets of Over CNY1.8 Trillion," Yicai Global, 11-28-2017