Wangwa Coal Mine
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Wangwa Coal Mine (宁夏王洼煤业有限公司王洼煤矿) is a permitted coal mine located in Wangwa Town of Ningxia,China. The original annual production capacity of it was designed to be 1.2 million tonnes(Mt) per year. In 2010, the total capacity has increased to 6Mt/year thanks to additional capacity of 4.8Mt/year being added.
The undated satellite photo below shows the coal mine located in Wangwa Town, Pengyang County, Guyuan, Ningxia.
Coal Mine Background
The construction of Wangwa Coal Mine started in July 2012. The project is projected to be completed in August 2019.
In February 2018,however, the ongoing construction of Wangwa Coal Mine was temporarily suspended as required by the Land and Resources Administration of Ningxia Hui Autonomous Region due to lack of exploitation license.
- Sponsor: Ningxia Wangwa Coal Industry Co.
- Parent Company: Aluminum Corporation of China(23.79%), Ningxia Huimin Investment and Financing Co.(17.96%), Beijing Energy(5.66%), Ningxia Power Investment Group(5.56%), others(47.03%)
- Location: Wangwa Town, Pengyang County, Guyuan, Ningxia
- GPS Coordinates: 36.163732,106.616037
- Status: Construction
- Production Capacity: 6 Mt/year
- Total Resource: 873.08Mt
- Minable Reserves: 439.30Mt
- Coal Type: Bituminous
- Mine Size: 39.7k㎡
- Mine Type: Underground
- Start Year:
- Source of Financing: