Waste Management Logan County plant
Waste Management and Processors, Inc. (WMPI) has proposed to build a coal-to-liquid plant next to 35 million tons of waste coal in Logan County, West Virginia. The Mingo Redevelopment Authority commissioned a feasibility study in September 2005. According to the Sierra Club, WMPI seem to be currently focused on construction of their plant in Gilberton, PA.
Sponsor: Waste Management & Processors, Inc. (WMPI PTY, LLC)
Location: Logan County, WV
- "Stopping the Coal Rush", Sierra Club, accessed December 2007. (This is a Sierra Club list of new coal plant proposals).
Related GEM.wiki articles
- Coal plant litigation
- West Virginia and coal
- United States and coal
- Carbon Capture and Storage
- Existing U.S. Coal Plants
- US proposed coal plants (both active and cancelled)
- Coal plants cancelled in 2007
- Coal plants cancelled in 2008
- State-by-state guide to information on coal in the United States (or click on the map)