Watts Bar Fossil Plant
Watts Bar Fossil Plant was a 240.0-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power station owned and operated by Tennessee Valley Authority near Spring City, Tennessee.
The plant sat adjacent to TVA's Watts Bar nuclear power plant, and near TVA's Watts Bar hydroelectric plant.
- Owner: Tennessee Valley Authority
- Parent Company: Tennessee Valley Authority
- Plant Nameplate Capacity: 240.0 MW (Megawatts)
- Units and In-Service Dates: Unit 1: 60.0 MW (1942), Unit 2: 60.0 MW (1942), Unit 3: 60.0 MW (1943), Unit 4: 60.0 MW (1945)
- Location: 467 Steam Plant Rd., Spring City, TN 37381
- GPS Coordinates: 35.602778, -84.779167
- Coal Consumption:
- Coal Source:
- Number of Employees:
- Unit Retirements: All 4 units retired in 2011.
- 2006 CO2 Emissions:
- 2006 SO2 Emissions:
- 2006 SO2 Emissions per MWh:
- 2006 NOx Emissions:
- 2005 Mercury Emissions:
Articles and Resources
- "Preliminary Monthly Electric Generator Inventory" eia.gov, 860m March 2020
- Existing Electric Generating Units in the United States, 2005, Energy Information Administration, accessed Jan. 2009.
- Environmental Integrity Project, "Dirty Kilowatts: America’s Most Polluting Power Plants", July 2007.
- Facility Registry System, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, accessed Jan. 2009.
- Carbon Monitoring for Action database, accessed Feb. 2009.