Werris Creek coal mine
From Global Energy Monitor
|This article is part of the Global Coal Mine Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
Werris Creek coal mine is owned and operated by Whitehaven Coal in New South Wales, Australia.
The map below shows the approximate location of the mine.
The mine is operated by Whitehaven Coal.
- Operator: Werris Creek Coal
- Owner: Whitehaven Coal
- Location: New South Wales, Australia
- GPS Coordinates:-31.40698, 150.6395 (exact)
- Status: Operating
- Production Capacity: 2.5 mtpa
- Workforce Size: 150
- Total Resources: 13 million tones (Measured, Indicated and Inferred Resource, 2020)
- Mineable Reserves: 10 million tonnes (Proven and Probable Reserves, 2020) 
- Coal type: Bituminous (Thermal & Met)
- Mine Size:
- Mine Type: Surface, Opencast
- Start Year: 2005
- Source of Financing: