West Guangdong LNG Terminal
|This article is part of the Global Fossil Infrastructure Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
West Guangdong LNG Terminal (粤西LNG接收站), also known as Yuexi LNG Terminal, is a proposed LNG terminal in Guangdong, China.
- Owner: PetroChina, GCL-Poly group, Maoming Port Group.
- Location: Bohe New Port, Maoming, Guangdong, China
- Coordinates: 21.409594, 111.28753 (exact)
- Proposed Capacity: 3 mtpa, 0.43 bcfd
- Status: Proposed
- Type: Import
- Start Year:
Note: mtpa = million tonnes per year; bcfd = billion cubic feet per day
West Guangdong LNG Terminal was a proposed 3 mtpa LNG import terminal in Guangdong, China. A preliminary work plan by CNOOC was agreed to in 2014, and operation was planned for 2017. 
In 2018 the project was reported to be suspended.
In February 2019 a feasibility study to build the terminal was prepared by GCL-Poly and China International Engineering Consulting Co.
In October 2019 PetroChina and Maoming Municipal Government signed an agreement to build the LNG terminal with an estimated completion date of 2023.
In June 2020, PetroChina, Maoming Municipal Government, GCL-Poly group and Maoming Port Group jointly signed a framework agreement for investment cooperation in the West Guangdong LNG Terminal.
The land reclamation for LNG terminal completed in 2020.
Articles and resources
- 粤西首个LNG项目获准开展前期工作, Paper.people.com.cn, 14 July 2014
- "中国最全的LNG接收站进度表，没有之一," Sohu, 2018-01-08
- "协鑫粤西LNG接收站项目可研报告通过专家评审（附协鑫油气板块概况）". www.sohu.com. 2019-03-09. Retrieved 2021-04-09.
- 中石油茂名LNG接收站计划2020年底动工, china-gas.org, Oct. 28, 2019
- 粤西LNG接收站进程更进一步 Source: 卓创资讯能源观察, 06-12-2020
- 粤西LNG造陆项目顺利合拢 Source: Maoming Net, 07-22-2020