Western Energy Storage and Transportation Header Project
|This article is part of the Global Fossil Infrastructure Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
Western Energy Storage and Transportation Header Project, also called the WEST Header Project, includes a proposed natural gas pipeline in Texas.
There have been no development updates sine the open season in the summer of 2018 and the project is presumed to be shelved.
- Operator: WEST Header
- Parent Company: Magnum Energy Midstream Holdings, LLC (Magnum Development, LLC (Haddington Ventures, LLC))
- Capacity: 2,000 million cubic feet per day
- Length: 1,046.1 kilometers / 650 miles
- Diameter: 24-inches, 36-inches, 42-inches, 48-inches
- Status: Shelved
- Start Year: 2021
The project will be designed to move natural gas bi-directionally between multiple receipt points and multiple delivery points, including storage, throughout multiple states in the Western Energy Corridor.
In July and August of 2018, Magnum Energy Midstream Holdings LLC held a non-binding open season for the pipeline.
There have been no development updates sine the open season in the summer of 2018 and the project is presumed to be shelved. Likewise, the U.S. Energy Information Administration reports no updates to the project since November 2018.
Articles and resources
- Planned Pipelines, Pipeline News, accessed October 2018
- National Energy and Petrochemical Map , FracTracker, February 28, 2020
- WEST HEADER. "The Western Energy Storage and Transportation Header". West HP. Retrieved 28 February 2020.
- Natural Gas Data, Pipeline Projects Energy Information Agency, July 21, 2020
- Magnum holds open season for WEST Header Project, Oil and Gas Journal, June 29th, 2018