Wide Bay Pipeline
|This article is part of the Global Fossil Infrastructure Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
The Wide Bay Pipeline is an operating natural gas pipeline.
The pipeline runs from Mayborough, Queensland to Rockhampton, Queensland.
- Operator: AGN
- Parent Company: Cheung Kong Holdings
- Current Capacity: 6.2 terajoules per day (5.7 million cubic feet per day)
- Length: 170 miles / 274 kilometers
- Status: Operating
- Start Year: 2000
The pipeline is owned and operated by Australian Gas Networks, a subsidiary of Cheung Kong Holdings.
Burnett River Leak
On January 30, 2013 ex-Tropical Storm Oswald damaged a section of the pipeline that goes under the Burnett River west of the city of Bundaberg and caused it to leak.
Articles and resources
- Wide Bay Pipeline to be replaced using directional boring, Trenchless Austrtalia, Feb. 13, 2013
- Wide Bay Pipeline, Australian Energy Regulator, accessed March 2018
- How to repair a major gas pipeline, The Australian Pipeline, July 2013