William Durbin (Analyst)
From Global Energy Monitor
A biographical note states Durbin was:
- May 2014 - present: Head of Research, Americas Wood Mackenzie
- January 2012 – May 2014: Head, China and NE Asia Research in Beijing. His biographical note states that he was "Leading Wood Mackenzie' growth of it's Beijing-based research organization."
- September 2008 – January 2012: Head, Global Markets Research Wood Mackenzie where he was "Leading Wood Mackenzie's teams focused on global energy markets."
- March 2004 – September 2008: Head, Global Gas & Power Research at Wood Mackenzie where he was "responsible for the global development of gas and power research services in key regions of the world."
- November 2001 – February 2004: President / General Manager Wintershall do Brasil. His biographical note states that he was responsible for "executive management and business development of the Brasilian subsidiary of Witnershall AG, a German E&P company wholly-owned by BASF."
- 1990 – 2000: Cambridge Energy Research Associates, Director.
Articles and Resources
- "William Durbin", LinkedIn, accessed May 2015.
Related GEM.wiki articles
- "Federal Renewable Portfolio Standard Will Reduce Power and Natural Gas Costs, But Not Have a Significant Impact on GHG Emission Levels", Media Release, March 5, 2007.
- "Wood Mackenzie Analysis Shows Lieberman-Warner Climate Bill Could Cost Gas & Power Sector $2.8 Trillion Through 2030: Without Necessary Technology Aggressive CO2 Reduction Targets Would Prompt Large Scale Utility Fuel Switching, +90 Percent Increase in U.S. Natural Gas Prices", Media Release, June 3, 2008.
- "China: Wood Mackenzie Says Thermal Coal Demand Will Reach Nearly 7btpa by 2030", Media Release, June 4, 2013.
- "Coal to exceed oil by 2020", October 2013. (Pdf)
- Wood Mackenzie, "Wood Mackenzie Says Carbon Policies Unlikely to Prevent A Coal-Fuelled World", Media Release, October 14, 2013.
- William Durbin, President of Global Markets Research, Head of North East Asia Research, "Changing Energy Landscape and Its Impact to Feedstock Dynamics", Presentation to Asia Petrochemical Industry Conference, May 15, 2014.