Worsley Refinery power station
From Global Energy Monitor
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of Australia and coal|
Worsley Refinery power station is a 216-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Western Australia, Australia.
The map below shows the location of the plant, at the Worsley aluminum refinery near Worsley, Western Australia.
Background on Plant
- Sponsor: BHP Biliton Worsley Alumina
- Parent company: BHP Billiton
- Location: Worsley aluminum refinery, Worsley, Western Australia, Australia
- Coordinates: -33.2351905, 116.0686942 (exact)
- Status: Operating
- Gross capacity: 216 MW (Units 1-3: 34 MW; Units 5-6: 2 x 57 MW)
- Type: Units 1-3: Subcritical; Units 5-6: Circulating fluidized bed
- In service: Units 1-3: 1982; Units 5-6: 2012
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- Welcome to Worsley Alumina, BHP Billiton investor presentation, Sept. 2003.