Wucaiwan No.1 open-pit mine
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Wucaiwan No.1 open-pit mine (新疆宜化矿业有限公司五彩湾矿区一号露天矿)(Phase I) the construction site is located in Jimsar County, Changji Hui Autonomous Prefecture, Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region, and the designed production capacity is 7 million tonnes per year.
The undated satellite photo below shows the coal mine located in Jimsar County, Changji Hui Autonomous Prefecture, Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region, China.
Coal Mine Background
On March 1, 2018, the National Development and Reform Commission approved the first-phase project of Xinjiang Zhundong Wucaiwan Coal Mine No. 1 Open-pit Coal Mine, with an approved production capacity of 7 million tonnes per year. The coal mine project was an illegal coal mine that started construction without approval.
- Sponsor: Xinjiang Yihua Mining Co., Ltd.
- Parent Company: Zhejiang Xinhu Group Co., Ltd. (34.91%), Zhejiang Shenglong Industrial Co., Ltd. (6.16%), Yichang Caiyuan Investment Management Co., Ltd. (41.075%), Yichang Xinfa Industrial Investment Co., Ltd. (10.29%), others (7.565%)
- Location: Jimsar County, Changji Hui Autonomous Prefecture, Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region, China.
- GPS Coordinates: 44.933507，89.184722
- Status: Operating
- Production Capacity: 7Mt/year
- Workforce Size: 100-199
- Coal Field: Zhundong Coal Field 
- Total Resource: 1138.67Mt(Phase I)
- Mineable Reserves: 765.13Mt(Phase I)
- Coal Type: Bituminous coal (long flame coal), lignite 
- Mine Size: 13.37k㎡(Phase I)
- Mine Type: Surface
- Start Year:
- Source of Financing: