Wujiata Surface Mine
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
The undated satellite photo below shows the coal mine located in Wujiata, Erli Guwan Village, Ulan Mulun Town, Yijin Huoluo Banner, Ordos City, Inner Mongolia, China.
Coal Mine Background
Wujiata Surface Mine is operated and owned by Shendong Tianlong Group Co., Ltd. The Wujiata Surface Mine has a total area of 9.182 square kilometers. The construction began at the end of 1988. At the end of 1996, it was put into operation according to the designed annual production capacity of 600,000 tons. In 2008, the reconstruction and expansion project passed the national inspection and acceptance, and the annual production capacity reached 3 million tons. The average thickness of the main coal seam of the Wujiata Open-pit Coal Mine is 8.75 meters. The coal is of good quality. It is non-stick coal with ultra-low sulfur, ultra-low ash, and high calorific value. All indicators meet the national environmental protection requirements and are known as "high-quality environmental protection" thermal coal.
- Operator:Shendong Tianlong Group Co., Ltd. 
- Parent Company: China Shenhua Energy Corporation
- Location: Wujiata, Erli Guwan Village, Ulan Mulun Town, Yijin Huoluo Banner, Ordos City, Inner Mongolia, China.
- GPS Coordinates:39.278553, 110.183639(exact)
- Status: Operating
- Production Capacity: 3Mt/a
- Minable Reserves: 243Mt
- Coal Type:Thermal, Bituminous(non-caking)
- Mine Size: 9.182k㎡
- Mine Type: Surface
- Start Year: 1996