Xiamen Songyu power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Xiamen Songyu power station (国投厦门嵩屿发电厂) is a 1,200-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Fujian Province, China.
An additional 600 MW is proposed.
The map below shows the location of the plant, near Haicang, Haicang District, Xiamen Prefecture, Fujian Province.
Background on Plant
In April 2020, construction of a new 600 MW ultra-supercritical coal-fired unit at the plant was released for bidding.
- Sponsor: Huaxia International Power Development Co
- Parent company: SDIC
- Location: Haicang, Haicang District, Xiamen Prefecture, Fujian Province, China
- Coordinates: 24.4460582, 118.0267975 (exact)
- Status: Operating (Units 1-4), Pre-permit development (Unit 5)
- Gross capacity: 1,200 MW (Units 1-4: 300 MW), 600 MW (Unit 5)
- Type: Subcritical (Units 1-4), Ultra-supercritical (Unit 5)
- Start year: 1996 (Units 1 & 2), 2006 (Units 3 & 4)
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing: