Xiaobaodang No.2 mine
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Xiaobaodang No.2 mine (陕煤小保当矿业有限公司小保当二号) is located in the territory of Shenmu, Shaanxi Province, China. The total production capacity of it is up to 13 million tonnes(Mt) per year. It is constructed next to Xiaobaodang No.1 Mine.
The undated satellite photo below shows the coal mine located in Dabaodang Town, Shenmu, Yulin, Shaanxi.
Coal Mine Background
On December 5th 2017, the National Development and Reform Commission (NDRC) has ratified the construction of Xiaobaodang No.2 mine, approving a production capacity of 8Mt/year at the initial phase, and a total capacity of 13Mt/year. 
On Jan. 25th 2019, the NDRC has approved the proposed change in plan of constructing Xiaobaodang No.2 mine. Instead of operating after completing the construction of the initial phase(8Mt/year) of the project, the official operation can only be realized when the whole project with a production capacity of 13Mt/year completes.
- Sponsor: Shaanxi Xiaobaodang Mining Co.
- Parent Company: Shaanxi Investment Group (40%), Shaanxi Coal and Chemical Industry Group (37.88%), others(22.12%)
- Location: Dabaodang Town, Shenmu, Yulin, Shaanxi.
- GPS Coordinates: 38.756195,109.89388
- Status: Operating
- Production Capacity: 13 Mt per year
- Total Resources: 2,448.03Mt
- Minable Reserves: 792.42Mt
- Coal Type: Bituminous
- Mine Size: 122.47km2
- Mine Type: Underground
- Start Year: 2021
- Source of Financing: