Xiaoyi Xinyang power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Xiaoyi Xinyang power station (晋能孝义煤电公司) is a proposed 700-megawatt (MW) waste coal-fired power plant in Shanxi Province, China.
The undated satellite photo below shows the proposed location for the plant in Xiaoyi City.
Background on Project
The plant is under construction and planned for operation in 2017.
Project suspended, then revived
July 2017: Plant postponed by government
In July 2017 China's National Energy Administration (NEA) postponed or halted 185 coal-burning units across 21 provinces, totaling nearly 107 gigawatts (GW). 114 coal units totaling 65 GW are postponed for consideration until after the end of the 13th 5-year plan, in 2020. In addition, 71 coal units totaling nearly 42 GW were halted indefinitely for regulation violations. NEA said its goal is to eventually suspend or halt 150 GW of coal capacity during the 13th 5-year plan (2016-2020).
Xiaoyi Xinyang power station Units 1-2 are among the postponed coal-burning units.
For more information, see China's 2016/2017 Restrictions on Development of Coal-Fired Power Capacity.
September 2017: Suspension lifted
After political negotiations, China's National Energy Administration (NEA) released an updated list of postponed and halted coal projects on September 26, 2017. The new list contained 151 units totaling 95 gigawatts (GW). Xiaoyi Xinyang power station was no longer on the list, suggesting the plant is not suspended.
- Sponsor: Shanxi Jinneng Group
- Parent company: Jinneng Group (51%), Shanxi Coking Coal Group (29%), Shanxi Jinhui Energy Group (10%)
- Location: Wutong Town, Xiaoyi City, Lüliang Prefecture, Shanxi Province, China
- Coordinates: 37.082989, 111.837991 (exact)
- Status: Construction
- Gross capacity: 700 MW (Units 1&2: 350 MW)
- Type: Supercritical
- Projected in service: 2019 (Unit 1), 2020 (Unit 2)
- Coal type: Bituminous waste coal
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "山西首定五个低热值煤发电项目", 中国能源报人民网, 2013-11-18
- "山西省核准三个低热值煤发电项目 总投资约126亿元," 北极星电力网新闻中心, 2015/8/6
- "晋能孝义2×35万千瓦低热值煤发电项目开工建设," 人民网(北京), 2015-08-22
- "16部委联合发文防范化解煤电产能过剩风险," Sohu.com, 2017-08-03
- "2017年分省煤电停建和缓建项目名单," Sohu, 2017-10-12
- "晋能电力集团有限公司 华北电力大学招聘简章," 山西省, 2017-11-15
- "山西孝义：低热值煤发电项目紧锣密鼓建设中," 北极星电力网新闻中心, 2019/1/2