Xiashijie Coal Mine
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
The undated satellite photo below shows the exact location of the mine.
Coal Mine Background
Xiashijie Coal Mine belongs to Shaanxi Shanmei Tongchuan Mining Industry Co., Ltd. It started construction in 1970 and was completed and put into production in February 1980. It belongs to a coal, oil, and gas coexistence, extremely thick, high methane gas mine, which can ignite spontaneously. In 2010, the approved production capacity was 1.85 million tons/year. The approved production capacity in 2019 was 1.85 million tons/year.
On August 1, 2015, a mechanical accident occurred in Xiashijie Coal Mine, and one person died.
- Operator: Shaanxi Shanmei Tongchuan Mining Industry Co., Ltd. Xiashijie Coal Mine
- Owner: Shaanxi Coal and Chemical Industry Group Co., Ltd.
- Location: Xiashijie, Yaoqu Township, Yaozhou District, Tongchuan City, Shaanxi Province
- GPS Coordinates: 35.228223, 108.856012
- Status: Operating
- Production Capacity: 1.85 million tonnes per annum
- Total Resource: 76.765 million tonnes
- Mineable Reserves: 44.229 million tonnes
- Coal Type: Longflame coal（Thermal）
- Mine Size: 13.2 k㎡
- Mine Type: Underground
- Start Year: 1980