Xihai-2 power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Xihai-2 power station (海北煤业西海发电厂, also known as 西部矿业股份有限公司唐湖电力分公司) is a 270-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power station in Haibei, Qinghai Province, China.
The map below shows the location of the power station in Haibei, Qinghai Province, China.
The Xihai-2 power station was commissioned in 2007 by the Haibei Coal Development Corporation. Consisting of two 135 MW units, it is currently the world's highest thermal power plant, at 3121.8 meters above sea level. The plant was connected to the grid on January 14, 2007. The Guodian Jingyuan Company was contracted to operate the plant in 2007. 
In 2019 it was reported that all but one coal plant in Qinghai had been mothballed due to competition from renewable energy and low energy demand.
- Sponsor: Haibei Coal Development Corp
- Parent company: Haibei Coal Development
- Location: Haibei, Qinghai Province, China
- Coordinates: 36.9743, 100.9098 (exact)
- Coal type: Unknown
- Coal source:
- Gross generating capacity (Mothballed): 270 MW
- Unit 1: Coal-fired subcritical, 135 MW (start-up in 2007)
- Unit 2: Coal-fired subcritical, 135 MW (start-up in 2007)
Articles and Resources
- "Xihai Coal Power Plant". Industry About. Retrieved 2021-05-28.
- "西部矿业西海电厂". Baidu. Retrieved May 28, 2021.
- "西部矿业西海电厂 - 搜狗百科". Baike Sogou. March 7, 2007. Retrieved 2021-05-28.
- "国电靖远公司承包世界海拔最高的火电厂运营项目". www.gov.cn. January 22, 2007. Retrieved 2021-05-28.
- "国电靖远公司承包世界海拔火电厂运营_产经动态_财经纵横_新浪网". Sina Finance. January 23, 2007. Retrieved 2021-05-28.
- "亏损面缩小仍在50%左右 破产清算动作频频——煤电企业困局如何破解," 经济参考报, 2019-08-22