Xing County power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Xing County power station (华电锦兴能源兴县低热值煤发电项目) is a proposed 700-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power station in Shanxi province, China.
With no developments since 2015, the project appears to be cancelled.
The map below shows Lüliang city, the approximate location of the proposed plant.
Background on Plant
The power station is under construction.
Nationwide Restrictions Imposed on Development of Coal-Fired Power Capacity
In January 2017 China's National Energy Administration suspended over 100 planned and under-construction coal power projects with a total capacity of over 100GW in 13 provinces, including Xing County power station. It is unclear when or if the projects will be revived. For details, see China's 2016 Restrictions on Development of Coal-Fired Power Capacity.
2017: Plant halted by government
In July 2017 China's NEA released the "Guideline of Supply-Side Reform of the Coal Power Bubble". The Guideline included a draft list which slowed down or halted 185 coal-burning units across 21 provinces, totaling 107 GW. 114 coal units (65 GW) are ordered to slow down the construction progress during 2017 to 2020, and are not allowed to connect to the grid in 2017. In addition, 71 coal units (42 GW) were halted indefinitely for regulation violations. The list partly overlapped with the projects listed in the January NEA letter to 13 provinces.
For more information, see China's 2016/2017 Restrictions on Development of Coal-Fired Power Capacity.
- Sponsor: Shanxi Jinxing Energy Co
- Parent company: China Huadian (51%), Shanxi Tangrong Investment Management (24.5%), Shanxi Dubao New Energy Group (24.5%)
- Location: Weifen Town, Xing County, Lüliang city, Shanxi province
- Coordinates: 38.389595,111.113541 (exact)
- Status: Cancelled
- Gross capacity: 700 MW (Units 1-2: 350 MW)
- Projected in service:
- Type: Supercritical
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "第三批低热值煤发电项目公示," 山西日报, February 17, 2014
- "山西省文物局关于华电锦兴兴县2×35万千瓦低热值煤发电项目燃料配送系统项目拟选厂址文物保护工作的意见," Shanxi Culture Relics Bureau, 2014-10-23
- "华电锦兴兴县2×350MW低热值煤发电项目正式开工," 吕梁日报, 2015-07-31
- "能源局下发13省市新建火电机组停建清单(附文件)," Polaris, Jan 16, 2017
- "16部委联合发文防范化解煤电产能过剩风险," Sohu.com, 2017-08-03
- "2017年分省煤电停建和缓建项目名单," Sohu, 2017-10-12