Xinguang power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Xinguang power station (山西国际能源晋煤赵庄鑫光发电公司), also known as Zhaozhuang power station (金光低热值煤发电), is a proposed 1,320-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power station in Shanxi province, China.
The undated satellite photo below shows the proposed location for the plant in Changzhi county.
Background on Plant
Nationwide Restrictions Imposed on Development of Coal-Fired Power Capacity
In January 2017 China's National Energy Administration suspended over 100 planned and under-construction coal power projects with a total capacity of over 100GW in 13 provinces, including Jinguang. It is unclear when or if the projects will be revived. For details, see China's 2016 Restrictions on Development of Coal-Fired Power Capacity.
2017: Plant halted by government
In July 2017, the NEA released the "Guideline of Supply-Side Reform of the Coal Power Bubble". The Guideline included a draft list which slowed down or halted 185 coal-burning units across 21 provinces, totaling 107 GW. 114 coal units (65 GW) are ordered to slow down the construction progress during 2017 to 2020, and are not allowed to connect to the grid in 2017. In addition, 71 coal units (42 GW) were halted indefinitely for regulation violations. The list partly overlapped with the projects listed in the January NEA letter to 13 provinces.
For more information, see China's 2016/2017 Restrictions on Development of Coal-Fired Power Capacity.
- Sponsor: Gemeng International
- Parent company: Jinmei Group, Shanxi International Energy Group
- Location: Cilin Town Zhaozhuang, Changzi County, Changzhi Prefecture, Shanxi province, China
- Coordinates: 35.998745, 112.89852 (exact)
- Status: Shelved (construction halted by government policy in July 2017)
- Gross capacity: 1,320 MW (Units 1-2: 660 MW)
- Projected in service:
- Type: Ultra-supercritical
- Coal type: Bituminous waste coal
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "第三批低热值煤发电项目公示," 山西日报, February 17, 2014
- "晋煤开建全国首个超超临界低热值煤矸石发电项目," 山西日报, 2015年09月08日
- "山西赵庄金光低热值煤发电工程开工," Jinguang Coal Power, 2015-08-27
- "中南院与山西国际签订山西赵庄金光2×660MW低热值煤发电项目总承包合同," 2015-09-24
- "能源局下发13省市新建火电机组停建清单(附文件)," Polaris, Jan 16, 2017
- "16部委联合发文防范化解煤电产能过剩风险," Sohu.com, 2017-08-03
- "2017年分省煤电停建和缓建项目名单," Sohu, 2017-10-12