Xinhui Shuangshui power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Xinhui Shuangshui power station (新会双水发电厂) is a 300-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Guangdong Province, China.
Four older units with a total capacity of 100MW have been retired. Two new 150 MW units were built in 2004 and are also referred to as Xinhui Shuangshui power station-2. An additional 600MW unit is proposed and under construction. It is referred to as Xinhui Shuangshui-3 power station
The map below shows the location of the plant, near Shuangshui, Xinhui District, Jiangmen Prefecture, Guangdong Province.
Background on Plant
Xinhui Shuangshui power station is a 2 x 150 MW coal plant commissioned in 2004. It is a co-generating power plant, supplying heat and steam to Yinhuzhou Papermaking Industry Park, besides electricity generation. The 4 older units with a total capacity of 100 MW were completed in 1992 and retired in 2009.
Description of Expansion
Xinhui Shuangshui Power Company is planning to build an additional 2*600MW units. One of the 2 units has received EIA clearance and NDRC permit. It planned to be operating in 2018. The other unit is still seeking permit. 
Project suspended by central government
In January 2017 China's National Energy Board directed the Guangdong Province to suspend or postpone nine coal projects in the province, including this one, due to excess coal capacity.
- Sponsor: Jiangmen Xinhui Shuangshui Power Co
- Parent company: Jiangmen Xinhui Renke Power
- Location: Shuangshui, Xinhui District, Jiangmen Prefecture, Guangdong Province, China
- Coordinates: 22.4455858, 113.0005571 (exact)
- Status: Unit1-4: Retired (2009). Unit 5-6: operating (2004). Unit 7-8: shelved.
- Gross capacity: 1500MW (unit 5-6: 150MW; unit 7-8: 600MW)
- Type: Subcritical
- In service: 2004
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "大项目大交通引领 双水镇冲刺“江门农村第一镇”"江门日报, 2016.08.23
- Coal-Fired Plants in China - Guangdong, Industcards, accessed Sept. 2015.
- "关于2012年6月作出的建设项目环境影响评价文件批复和建设项目竣工环境保护验收决定的公告"MEPC, 2012-07-09
- "双水镇经济晒出亮丽“成绩单”"新会电视台, 2015-2-13
- "公司中标广东新会双水热电联产项目建安总承包工程"China Engineering Group Hunan Power Construction Co. 2016-08-22
- "广东压缩煤电规模 华电南雄等项目恐将延期"China Energy, 2017-01-13