Xinjiang Jinlong Shenwu power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Xinjiang Jinlong Shenwu power station (新疆锦龙神雾能源开发公司发电厂) is a proposed 700-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region, China.
The map below shows the proposed location for the plant in Wuhu Town.
Background on Project
Despite not having a permit, the plant was reported to be under construction in 2015 and planned for 2018 commissioning.
However, as of June 2018 satellite imagery shows limited progress on the plant since 2015. In March 2018, parent company Beijing Shenwu Group was reported to be in financial trouble, making it unlikely the project will be carried out by the company.
- Sponsor: Xinjiang Jinlong Shenwu Energy Development Co
- Parent company: Beijing Shenwu Group
- Location: Wuwu Town, Kuitun, Ili Prefecture, Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region, China
- Coordinates: 44.784812, 84.899963 (exact)
- Status: Cancelled
- Gross capacity: 700 MW (Units 1 & 2: 350 MW)
- Type: Supercritical
- Projected in service:
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "新疆锦龙神雾能源开发有限公司招聘简章 一、公司简介 新疆锦龙神雾能源开发有限公司是一家股份制公司,由新疆锦龙电力有限责任公司、北京禾工新兴能源科技有限公司," Xinjiang Jinlong Power, accessed June 2017
- "神雾集团在新疆签约 “40万吨PE、2×350MW热电联产” 项目," 神雾集团, Dec 29, 2015
- "新疆锦龙神雾能源开发有限公司人才招聘公告," Dec 10, 2015
- "神雾集团90亿元持股被司法冻结 北京国资租赁卷入其中," 零壹融资租赁简报, 03-01-2018