Xinjiang Kuangou Coal Mine
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
The undated satellite photo below shows the exact location of the mine.
Coal Mine Background
Kuangou Coal Mine is operated by Xinjiang Shenhua Tiandian Mining Industry Co., Ltd. It officially started construction in September 2004, with a 1.2 million tons/year design production capacity, and a 5 million tons/year production capacity was reserved for the main links. Kuangou Coal Mine was put into production in May 2010. As of the end of June 2020, the approved production capacity was 1.8 million tons/year.
At 6:30 am on March 12, 2010, a partial roof collapse occurred at Kuangou Coal Mine, and one person was slightly injured. On October 8, 2010, a ground pressure accident occurred at Kuangou Coal Mine, causing four deaths and two serious injuries.
- Operator: Xinjiang Shenhua Tiandian Mining Industry Co., Ltd.
- Owner: Shenhua Group Corp. Ltd.
- Location: Kuangou, Queergou Town, Hutubi County, Changji Prefecture, Xinjiang
- GPS Coordinates: 43.781429, 86.526300
- Status: Operating
- Production Capacity: 1.8 million tonnes per annum
- Total Resource: 407.21 million tonne
- Mineable Reserves: 159.6024 million tonne
- Coal Type: Non-coking coal（Thermal）
- Mine Size: 18.0224 k㎡
- Mine Type: Underground
- Start Year: 2010
Articles and resources
- 国能新疆宽沟矿业有限责任公司, 企查查, Accessed July 2021
- 新疆神华天电有限公司宽沟煤矿生产能力核定报告书, 道客巴巴, Accessed July 2021
- 新疆维吾尔自治区发改委公示合法建设煤矿和生产煤矿生产能力情况, 新疆维吾尔自治区发改委, October 27, 2020
- 宽沟煤矿“3.12”轻伤事故处理决定, 煤矿安全网, Accessed July 2021
- 宽沟煤矿“10·8”伤亡事故案例, 道客巴巴, Accessed July 2021
- 神华新疆能源有限责任公司呼图壁县宽沟煤矿采矿权出让收益评估报告通过论证的公示, 新疆矿业网, May 23, 2019