Xinminyuan power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Xinminyuan power station is a proposed 4,000-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Shaanxi Province, China.
It is a different proposal from the Xinminyuan Low Heat Value power station (神华国能新民塬低热值煤发电).
The undated satellite photo below shows the proposed location for the plant in Bin County.
Background on Project
Shaanxi Coal and Chemical Industry Group have proposed four ultra-supercritical coal units in Bin County. It was planned for operation in 2017, but satellite images from May 2018 show no construction, only land clearance. There is also no news that the units ever received the needed permits.
With no developments since 2015, the project appears to be cancelled.
- Units 1-2: Shaanxi Coal and Chemical Industry Group
- Units 3-4: National Energy Investment Group (51%), Shaanxi Coal and Chemical Industry Group (49%)
- Location: Bin County, Xianyang Prefecture, Shaanxi Province, China
- Coordinates: 35.1105, 108.1282 (exact)
- Status: Cancelled
- Gross capacity: 4,000 MW (Units 1-4: 1,000 MW)
- Type: Ultra-supercritical
- Projected in service:
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing: