Xuanwei power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Xuanwei power station is a 600-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Yunnan Province, China.
The undated satellite photo below shows the plant in Xuanwei, Qujing.
Background on Plant
Xuanwei power station is a six-unit coal-fired power station totaling 1,800 MW and commissioned in 2000 to 2007. It is owned by Xuanwei Thermal Power Plant. Four smaller units were retired by 2001.
In November 2019, it was reported that Xuanwei Thermal Power Plant went bankrupt. The plant will not stop operation during the liquidation.
In May 2020, the company was declared bankrupt. Only two units, Units 9–10, will continue operating. The other units have been shut down.
On August 28, 2017, China's State-owned Assets Supervision and Administration Commission of the State Council (SASAC) announced that China Guodian Corporation and Shenhua Group will be jointly restructured. Shenhua Group will become China National Energy Investment Group and will absorb China Guodian Corporation. It will be the largest power company in the world by installed capacity, as well as the world's largest coal producer. The merger was completed on November 28, 2017.
- Sponsor: Xuanwei Thermal Power Plant
- Parent company: National Energy Investment Group (66%), Yunnan Energy Investment Group (34%)
- Location: Xuanwei, Qujing, Yunnan Province, China
- Coordinates: 26.1874585 , 104.1113177 (exact)
- Status: Operating
- Gross capacity: 600 MW (Units 9&10: 300 MW)
- Type: Subcritical
- Start year: 2003
- Coal type: Bituminous
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "国电宣威发电有限责任公司," Baike, accessed Nov 2016
- 2019，破产、排队出售的火电厂！" 光伏资讯, 11/23/2019
- "6×300MW国电云南宣威电厂破产公告，账面负债总额52.88亿元！," 我们电厂人, 2020-05-15
- "Factbox: Shenhua and Guodian - China's latest state marriage". Reuters. 29 August 2017. Retrieved 30 August 2017.
- "China Is Creating the World's Largest Power Company". Bloomberg News. 28 August 2017. Retrieved 29 August 2017.
- "China’s Newly-Established National Energy Investment Group Sets World Records in Its Sector, With Assets of Over CNY1.8 Trillion," Yicai Global, 11-28-2017