Yawata Works power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of Japan and coal.|
Yawata Works power station may be a 149-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power station in Kitakyūshū, Fukuoka, Kyūshū Prefecture, Japan.
Though a Nippon Steel leaflet showed six IPP plants, governmental data only indicated 5 Nippon Steel plants with 1,295 MW of capacity total.
Given the lack of available information related to this site, the capacity is not included in Global Energy Monitor's Global Coal Plant Tracker.
The map below shows the location of the power station in Kitakyūshū, Fukuoka, Kyūshū Prefecture, Japan.
- Sponsor: Nippon Steel
- Parent company: Nippon Steel
- Location: Kitakyūshū, Fukuoka, Kyūshū Prefecture, Japan
- Coordinates: 33.8982, 130.8891 (exact)
- Coal type: Unknown
- Coal source:
- Gross generating capacity (operating): 149 MW
- Unit 7: Coal-fired subcritical, 149 MW (start-up in 2000)
Articles and Resources
- "Leaflet," Nippon Steel, ~2013 (page 20)