Yenakiieve Iron & Steel Works
|This article is part of the Global Steel Plant Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
Yenakiieve Iron & Steel Works (ЄНАКІЄВСЬКИЙ МЕТАЛУРГІЙНИЙ ЗАВОД (Ukranian), ЕНАКИЕВСКИЙ МЕТАЛЛУРГИЧЕСКИЙ ЗАВОД (Russian)) is an integrated and electric steel plant in Yenakiieve, Ukraine.
The map below shows the location of the steel plant in Yenakiieve, Ukraine.
Metinvest Group lost control over its entities and property of Yenakiieve Iron & Steel Works in the non-controlled territory of Ukraine on March 15, 2017. The plant is currently operating illegally by unidentified people, according to Metinvest Holdings.
- Private/State ownership: private
- Parent company: Metinvest B.V. (SCM 71.24%, SMART 23.76%) (Metinvest Group lost control over the plant and it is currently operating by unidentified people)
- Intermediate subsidiary: Metinvest Holdings
- Owner: PSJC Yenakiieve Iron & Steel Works
- Alternative plant names: EMZ, Enakievo Iron & Steel
- Other language plant name: ЄНАКІЄВСЬКИЙ МЕТАЛУРГІЙНИЙ ЗАВОД (Ukranian), ЕНАКИЕВСКИЙ МЕТАЛЛУРГИЧЕСКИЙ ЗАВОД (Russian)
- Location: Metalurgov, 47, Yenakiieve, Ukraine, 86429
- GPS Coordinates: 48.220502, 38.228626 (exact)
- Plant status: operating
- Start year: 1895 (age 125–126)
- Production capacities (thousand tonnes per annum):
- Steel product category: flat, long
- Steel products: square billets, rebar, wire rods
- Steelmaking process: integrated, electric
- Primary steel production equipment: sinter plant; electric arc furnaces (EAF) (# unknown); 3 blast furnaces (BF) (2 BFs started in 2017, BF#5 (2007)); 3 basic oxygen furnaces (BOF)
Articles and resources