Yesilyurt Iron and Steel plant
|This article is part of the Global Steel Plant Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
Yesilyurt Iron and Steel plant (YEŞİLYURT DEMİR ÇELİK END. ve LİMAN İŞL.LTD.ŞTİ. (Turkish)) is an electric steel plant in Tekkeköy, Samsun, Turkey.y
The map below shows the location of the steel plant in Tekkeköy, Samsun, Turkey.
Yesilyurt Iron and Steel was established in 1985, but the steel making plant started in 1997.
- Private/State ownership: private
- Parent company: Yesilyurt Demir Celik S.A.
- Owner: Yesilyurt Demir Celik S.A.
- Alternative plant names: Yesilyurt Demir Celik
- Other language plant name: YEŞİLYURT DEMİR ÇELİK END. ve LİMAN İŞL.LTD.ŞTİ. (Turkish)
- Location: Organize Sanayi Bölgesi Sakarya Cd. No:34 Tekkeköy, Samsun, Turkey
- GPS Coordinates: 41.241199, 36.442055 (exact)
- Plant status: operating
- Start year: 1997 (age 23–24)
- Production capacities (thousand tonnes per annum):
- Crude steel: 1300 (EAF)
- Production (thousand tonnes per annum):
- Crude steel: 1157 (EAF, 2017)
- Steel product category: long
- Steel products: billet, rebar
- Steelmaking process: electric
- Primary steel production equipment: 1 electric arc furnace (EAF) (100-tonne, UHP type)
Articles and resources
- YEŞİLYURT DEMİR ÇELİK END. ve LİMAN İŞL.LTD.ŞTİ., Turkish Steel Producers Association, Retrieved on: Jul. 28, 2020
- Main Page, Yesilyurt Iron and Steel plant, Retrieved on: Jul. 28, 2020
- DEMİR ÇELİK SEKTÖR RAPORU (2019), Turkish Ministry of Industry and Technology, 2020. Calculated using the capacity utilization given in Table 7-page 18.