Yining North No.2 open-pit mine
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Yining North No.2 open-pit mine (伊犁庆华能源开发有限公司伊宁矿区北区二号露天矿)(Phase I), the construction site is located in Yining County, Yili Kazakh Autonomous Prefecture, Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region, and the designed production capacity is 4 million tonnes per year.
The undated satellite photo below shows the coal mine located in Kala Yagaqi Township, Yining County, Yili Kazakh Autonomous Prefecture, Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region, China.
Coal Mine Background
On June 7, 2018, the National Energy Administration approved the first-phase project of theYining North No.2 open-pit mine in the north area of Xinjiang Yining mining area, with an approved production capacity of 4 million tonnes per year. This project was an illegal coal mine that started construction without approval. 
- Sponsor: China Coal Shaanxi Yulin Energy Chemical Co., Ltd.
- Parent Company: China Coal Energy Group Co., Ltd. (57.36%), others (42.64%)
- Location: Kala Yagaqi Township, Yining County, Yili Kazakh Autonomous Prefecture, Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region, China.
- GPS Coordinates: 44.043887,81.468585(exact)
- Status: Proposed 
- Production Capacity: 4Mt/year
- Workforce Size: 382
- Coal Field: Yining Coal Field
- Total Resource: 156.84Mt
- Mineable Reserves: 134.66Mt
- Coal Type: Bituminous coal (long flame coal, non-caking coal)
- Mine Size: 7.88k㎡
- Mine Type: Surface
- Start Year:
- Source of Financing: