Yuansheng Pingding power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Yuansheng Pingding power station (晋能阳煤远盛热电公司) was a proposed 700-megawatt (MW) waste coal-fired power plant in Shanxi Province, China.
The map below shows the location of Pingding County, the approximate location where the plant would be built in Yangquan Prefecture, Shanxi Province.
Background on Project
Shanxi Xinxing Energy Co. and Yangquan Coal Group are planning to build a two-unit waste coal-fired power plant with a total planned capacity of 700 MW in Shanxi Province. The plant was scheduled to be completed in 2015, although as of March 2015 it had yet to receive environmental clearance for construction.
The power station was among 15 projects cancelled by China's National Energy Administration (NEA) in September 2016.
- Sponsor: Shanxi Xinxing Energy Co., Yangquan Coal Group
- Parent company: Jinneng Group (75%), Yangquan Coal Group (20%), Shanxi Yuansheng Electric Power (5%)
- Location: Guanshan Town Nan'ao, Pingding County, Yangquan Prefecture, Shanxi Province, China
- Coordinates: 37.786, 113.658 (approximate)
- Status: Cancelled
- Gross capacity: 700 MW (Units 1 & 2: 350 MW)
- Type: Supercritical
- Projected in service:
- Coal type: Waste coal
- Coal source:
- Source of financing: