Yuguang Coal power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Yuguang Coal power station (山西国际能源裕光煤电盂县电厂) is a 2,000-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant under development in Yu County, Shanxi Province, China.
The photo below shows the plant in Yu County.
Background on Project
Gemeng International has proposed 2 × 1000MW ultra-supercritical coal-fired generating units for Yu County. The power station is planned for operation in 2017.
The power station was permitted for construction in August 2017.
Construction began in October 2017. The Shanxi Provincial Development and Reform Commission considers the power station one of its "eight key projects of 2018". It is planned to support a UHV power transmission line from Shanxi to Hebei. It is planned for commissioning in 2019.
Unit 1 was commissioned in March 2021.
- Sponsor: Gemeng International
- Parent company: Shanxi International Energy Group (51%), Beijing Energy Group (24%), Hebei Construction & Investment Group (20%), Shanxi Jinyu Coal Industry Group (5%)
- Location: Niucun Town, Yu County, Yangquan Prefecture, Shanxi Province, China
- Coordinates: 38.078135, 113.482791 (exact)
- Status: Operating (Unit 1), Construction (Unit 2)
- Gross capacity: 2,000 MW (Units 1 & 2: 1,000 MW)
- Type: ultra-supercritical
- Start year: 2021
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "我院签订山西国际能源裕光煤电有限责任公司盂县2×1000MW超超临界燃煤发电机组工程勘察设计合同," CCDC, 2014-10-11
- "山西国际能源集团有限公司盂县电厂2×100万千瓦项目第二次环境影响评价信息公示," Shanxi Province, June 15, 2015
- "山西国际能源裕光煤电有限责任公司盂县电厂2×100万千瓦发电机组," Yuxian City, 11-25-2016
- "关于山西国际能源裕光煤电有限责任公司盂县电厂2×100万千瓦项目环境影响报告书的批复," China MEP, 2017
- "盂县电厂2×100万千瓦发电项目1号间冷塔工程破土动工," 北极星电力网新闻中心, 2017/10/12
- "2018山西省重点工程名单：8个储能相关项目入围," 中国储能网新闻中心, 2018-1-2
- "山西省首台百万千瓦发电机组顺利投产," 2021年03月31日