Yunhe power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Yunhe power station (华能运河电厂二期) is a 1,240-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Shandong Province, China.
The undated satellite photo below shows the plant in Changgou Town.
Background on Project
Yunhe power station is a six-unit subcritical coal plant totaling 1,240 MW in Changgou Town majority-owned by China Huaneng. It was commissioned from 2000 to 2006. Although units 5-6 have been operating since 2006, they were not permitted until 2016, and were therefore operating illegally.
- Sponsor: Huaneng Shandong Power Co Ltd
- Parent company: China Huaneng (98.35%), Renxing Group (1.65%)
- Location: Changgou Town, Rencheng District, Jining, Shandong Province, China
- Coordinates: 35.486657, 116.47694 (exact)
- Status: Operating
- Gross capacity: 1,240 MW (Units 1-4: 145 MW, Units 5-6: 330 MW)
- Type: Subcritical
- Years built: 2000-2006
- Coal type: Bituminous
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "关于华能济宁运河发电有限公司二期工程项目核准的批复," Shandong DRC, 2016-10-08