Yurginskaya CHP power station
|This article is part of the Global Energy Monitor coverage of Russia and coal|
Yurginskaya CHP power station is a 91-megawatt (MW) power plant in Yurga, Kemerovo Oblast, Russia. The plant is designed to burn both coal and natural gas.
The undated satellite photo below shows the plant, which is at the Yurginsky Machinery plant in Yurga, Kemerovo, Russia.
Background on Plant
For most of its period of operation, the station provided power to both the Yurginsky Machinery factory and the city of Yurga. In June 2017 it was reported that the plant would become government property. In January 2019 it was reported that the plant would become property of Ural Mining and Metallurgical Company (UMMC). In April 2019 a separate legal entity "Yurginskaya CHP LLC" was created after delays in the plant's workers receiving their salaries. The decision to form a separate legal entity was also an attempt to maintain continuity of heating and power generation services to the city of Yurga despite the bankruptcy of the Yurginsky Machinery factory, which fully closed operations in 2020. The power station now provides power and heat solely for the city of Yurga.
When regional authorities stepped in to force the Yurginskaya CHP to pay wages owed to workers, it forced the power station into bankruptcy as well. In June 2021, the total debt of the power station to all its partners was fluctuating around half a billion rubles. The massive debt of the power station has prevented it from making necessary repairs - in June of 2021 it was operating at 60% capacity and was unable to meet the electricity and heating needs of the city of Yurga.
- Sponsor: Yurginskaya CHP LLC
- Parent company: Yurginsky Machinery
- Location: Yurga, Kemerovo Oblast, Russia
- Coordinates: 55.7386078, 84.9116891 (exact)
- Status: Operating
- Gross capacity: 91 MW
- Type: Subcritical
- In service: 1941
- Coal type: Bituminous
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- Юргинская ТЭЦ, Tesiaes, accessed December 2018
- Юргинская ТЭЦ перейдет в собственность властей, news.VSE42.ru, Jun. 1, 2017
- Юргинская ТЭЦ меняет собственника, eprussia.ru, Jan. 28, 2019
- Обладминистрация: юргинская ТЭЦ стала отдельным юрлицом, vse42.ru, Oct. 9, 2019
- ТЭЦ моногорода Кузбасса проиграла многомиллионный иск, Regnum.ru, May 28, 2021
- Почему Юргинская ТЭЦ оказалась на грани банкротства A42.ru, June 7, 2021